DESCRIPTION OF CONTENTS
General information about the "Save the Children of abandonment and lack of integration" - SCAN project ,
• Beneficiary: “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University, Iași
• Transnational Partner: VIA University College Denmark,
• National Partners :
• School Inspectorate Iaşi,
• School Inspectorate Botoşani,
• School Inspectorate Vaslui,
• School Inspectorate Maramureş,
• School Inspectorate Mureş,
• School Inspectorate Brăila
SCAN project objectives were:
- Preventing and reducing dropout among students in upper secondary education;
- Reducing the risk of school dropout
- Achieving educational strategies for all students at risk / dropout;
- Development of human resources involved in the education of students at risk / dropout;
- Innovation educational services for all categories of people involved in the education of students at risk / dropout;
- Developing partnerships school - community - parents, which will help to reduce risk of dropping out.
Types of activities undertaken:
- Award of grants for pupils at risk or abandonment;
- Transfer of know-how (knowing how to do / exchange ) inter and inside region ;
- Research the causes of early school leaving and reintegration needs ;
- Development of a methodological framework to combat early school leaving;
- Monitoring the student retention in the continue education system.
Selection of the subjects with school dropout, beneficiaries of the intervention strategies;
- Develop innovative tools for reducing dropout (user counseling, testing, social mediators, partnerships, etc);
- Identify national examples of best practices in preventing and reducing early school leaving;
- Develop integrated educational activities in partnership to increase the chances of success in school and / or preventing early school leaving;
- Developing activities as: after school, second chance, formal education (circles, workshops, education, sports teams, clubs, specialized camps, etc)
- Providing advice to students to increase self-esteem (resource management activities, check availability and creative potential;
- Develop educational activities to stimulate social groups and community initiatives;
COMMENTS ON THIS PUBLICATION
152 students were supported during the academic years 2011-2012 and 2012-2013, scholarship in the amount of 400 lei per month, consisting of educational services:
- Accommodation services in boarding and meals in the cafeteria;
- After-school program in the afternoon
- Other education services / projects: performances, themed tours, educational projects, etc.
Students received school supplies (backpacks, notebooks, etc.)
Scholarship granted for 10 months / school year between September 1, 2011 - 30 June 2013.
The 152 students were enrolled in six classes from five schools in the county Botosani, as follows:
• High School "Alexandru cel Bun" Botosani
• Technological High School "Elie Radu" Botosani
• Technical College "Gheorghe Asachi " Botosani
• High School "Nicolae Iorga" Botosani
• Theological Seminary "St. John Jacob " Dorohoi
Identifying students at risk of dropping out was made in the 2011-2012 school year in all schools in the county. They were concerned students of VIII and X are at risk of dropping out and students who dropped the class IX and XI. In identifying these students have used specific means and was attended by specialists - psychologists of "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" University from Iasi and Botosani county's schools.
The selection of students was done according to the rules of the project, the joint committee constituted for this purpose.
A total of 26 students participating in free (funded project) specialized camp "ArtEd" Durău. 13 students participated in 2011 and 13 participated in August 2012.
Participated in training a number of 96 teachers who teach pupils SCAN or have been involved in project activities.
Training was done by professors of the "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" University and included: motivational strategies and stress management, formal and non formal education strategies, education beyond school / Outdoor ICT.